one-day Presentation Skills Course - perfect for new or nervous speakers
This presentation skills course makes preparing and delivering presentations quick and easy
“Boring – too complicated – death by bullet-point” are all too common criticisms expressed by audiences.
During this one-day course you’ll learn skills and tools that will help you come across as credible and confident, and get your message across every time you present.
Module 1: How to plan a presentation that gets your point across and engages your audience
- The easy step-by-step process that even experienced presenters find a revelation
- How to stop spinning your wheels and get your presentation planned in less time than you thought possible (one of our participants got up in the middle of the night and planned her presentation in 15 minutes!)
- How to come across as an expert without overloading your audience with information
- The secret to engaging your audience that anyone can master.
Module 2: How to use PowerPoint to WOW your audience
What we show you will catapult you above most business presenters you’ve seen. You’ll discover:
- Why the traditional way of using PowerPoint is the worst possible way of conveying information
- The one simple rule you need to follow to decide when to use a slide
- An elegant format that will have you creating stimulating slides in minutes
- Where to find affordable (and even free) images from the internet without breaking the law.
Module 3: How to transform yourself from a shaking wreck to a confident presenter
Presenting is scary. We get it.
Effective Speaking Director, Tony Burns went to University completed a psychology degree as a mature student to learn more about the psychology behind the fear of public speaking. He discovered Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT).
Tony went on to do a post-graduate diploma in Rational Emotive Behaviour Therapy (a subset of CBT). This module is based on the cognitive strategies he’s adapted to help people who suffer from the fear of public speaking.
- The two different causes of your fear – the one you can eliminate and the one you can’t
- How to identify and neutralise your specific anxiety triggers to reduce your fear
- The stress-performance curve and how to exploit it to perform at your best
- How to recover from a mind-blank in milliseconds
- The truth behind “Fake it till you make it” and how to use it to your advantage.
Module 4: Three delivery tricks that will make you feel… and look more confident
These will make the most difference in the least time to the way you come across:
- How to speak at your normal fast pace – and still be clear and understandable
- The simple answer to “What should I do with my hands?”
- How to be engaging and dynamic – without coming across as artificial
- The number one way to demonstrate your credibility
- How to instantly get rid of ums and ahs (we still can’t believe that more presentation trainers don’t teach this simple technique!).
Take the Pain out of Presenting - Quick Facts
- Course Length
- Deliver to Group?
- Topics Covered
One day. Typically 9am to 5pm.
This course is designed to be easy to enjoy. It's highly interactive with lot's of practice in pairs but no-one is put on the spot.
No - participants practice what they're learning in pairs or groups of three.
Given privately by the person the participant is practicing with.
No - there is no one-on-one coaching on this course.
Content Design, PowerPoint, Delivery Skills, Managing Nervousness.