Two-day Presentation Skills Course
A presentation skills training course that will give you confidence and credibility and have your audience engaged and motivated.
Who is it for?
Complete Presentation Skills is a comprehensive presentation skills training course that covers all five facets of presenting in depth.
It is suitable for:
- inexperienced presenters who want comprehensive training
- experienced presenters who are ready to take their skills to the next level.
1. How to Design the Content of your Presentation
Many people tell us that it takes them far too long to prepare a presentation and that they struggle to make the presentation interesting and engaging for the audience.
We’ll show you how to significantly reduce the time it takes to prepare a presentation and how to make it come alive for the audience.
You’ll apply the principles we teach you by designing a presentation.
You’ll learn how to:
- reduce the research you put in to your talk
- ensure your content is of interest to the audience
- help your audience remember and act on your message
- quickly organise your material into a logical order.
The concepts we show you will be reinforced by you delivering and receiving feedback on segments of your presentation.
2. Deliver with Impact
Many people lose their natural ability to warmly communicate when they stand in front of a group. Instead they “speechify” and become stiff and pompous or panicky and speak too fast and lose their connection with the audience.
In this module you’ll learn how to use the techniques that you unconsciously use in everyday conversation to connect and communicate with your audience. You’ll become relaxed and in control of what you say and how you say it.
We’ll focus on your individual needs and also cover the following areas:
- how to naturally pace your presentation and stop rushing
- creating a sense of enthusiasm and commitment to your topic
- create and change contrast and mood as you speak
- engaging your audience at an emotional, as well as logical, level.
3. Strategies for Creating Confidence
Nervousness about speaking in front of a group is a very common experience. A speaker’s confidence is also a key factor in how credible they appear. Because of its importance we put a particular emphasis on handling nervousness and developing confidence in our training.
We’ll introduce you to psychologically-based strategies that you can use to significantly increase your confidence.
In this session you’ll:
- identify the root causes of your nervousness
- discover how to reduce the nervousness you feel
- learn how to cope with the nervousness you feel
- start to enjoy speaking in public.
We take nervousness seriously. The strategies we teach you are based on Rational Emotive Behaviour Training – a proven cognitive-behavioural technique.
5. Audience Management
Despite the best planning and rehearsal, the uncertainty of the audience’s reaction remains an underlying source of nervousness. In this module we look at what an audience (or members) might do, and to develop and practice psychological and practical strategies to handle this.
Typical situations include audiences:
- Disagreeing or pointing out flaws in the content
- Interrupting and/or asking difficult questions
- Looking bored or talking to somebody else in the audience.
You’ll choose a situation that concerns you that you’d like to handle better. Through our coaching you’ll develop and practice strategies for successfully dealing with the situation. At the end of the session, you’ll feel significantly more able to calmly handle the uncertainties you may encounter.
4. Presenting with PowerPoint
Unfortunately most presenters don’t know how to make the most of it and so it becomes a visual impediment rather than a visual aid.
We’ve thoroughly investigated the latest research in multi-media learning and integrated that with our knowledge of PowerPoint to help you make your slideshow something to stimulate – not sedate – your audience.
This module will cover:
- using graphic animation to reinforce your point
- secret keyboard techniques to enhance your presentation
- how to avoid creating slides that irritate your audience
- free and inexpensive web resources that will enhance your PowerPoint shows.
Comprehensive but non-threatening training
On this course participants are moderately challenged.
They present to the group and get feedback but there is no videoing or coaching in front of the group.
Complete Presentation Skills - Quick Facts
- Course Length
- Deliver to Group?
- Topics Covered
Two days. These can be consecutive, or if it suits you better, separated by a week.
6 to 12 participants. On day-2 we maximise the experience by limiting the course to 6 participants. If your group is larger, we can have everyone together for day-1 then split the group for day-2.
This a moderately challenging course for both new, nervous and reasonably experienced speakers.
Yes. And then get feedback from the trainer and other participants.
Group, trainer and video feedback.
Content Design, PowerPoint, Delivery Skills, Managing Nervousness, Audience Management